OBJECTIVES OF IERD
- To advocate for comprehensive laws, standards and policies that will protect and enhance public health and environmental quality throughout the country.
- Work with the public and public interest groups to foster long-term sustainable solutions to environmental concerns, resource use and developmental needs.
- Assist in the adoption of well-documented environmental management systems and policies.
- Provide discipline based support to enhance the quality of learning and teaching in higher institutions of learning.
- Assist members of disadvantaged communities in enforcing their intellectual property claims and rights to products of their environment.
- Develop products and services specifically designed to benefit people in the economic, ecological and social responsibility objectives of Sustainable Development.
- Support built environment academics in maintaining and enhancing their quality and effectiveness of their teaching.